Jumble is a popular word puzzle game that has been published in many newspapers and magazines for over 60 years. The game is composed of a series of scrambled words that are related to a particular theme or topic, along with a cartoon or illustration that provides a clue to the solution of the puzzle.
To play Jumble, the solver must unscramble the letters in each word to form a valid word that relates to the theme or topic. Once all the words have been solved, the solver must then take the circled letters in each word and unscramble them to form the answer to the puzzle's clue.
The difficulty of Jumble puzzles can vary, with some being relatively easy to solve and others being more challenging. However, the game is generally considered to be a fun and engaging way to exercise one's vocabulary and problem-solving skills.
In addition to the print version of the game, Jumble is also available in digital formats, including online and mobile app versions. Some versions of the game may offer additional features or gameplay modes, such as timed puzzles or multiplayer modes.
- Clues: Each puzzle has a clue that hints at the answer phrase.
- Drawing: There is usually a drawing or illustration that provides an additional clue to help solve the puzzle.
- Jumbled Words: The game presents a set of scrambled words that need to be unscrambled to solve the puzzle.
- Answer Phrase: Once you have unscrambled the words, you need to arrange certain letters from each word to form the answer phrase.
How to play Jumble
- Unscrambling Words: To unscramble a word, you can drag and drop the letters into the correct order.
- Rearranging Letters: To rearrange letters to form the answer phrase, you can drag and drop the letters to their correct positions.
- Skipping a Puzzle: If you get stuck on a puzzle, you can skip it and move on to the next one.
- Hint: If you are having trouble with a puzzle, you can use a hint to reveal a letter in one of the words.
- Resetting a Puzzle: If you want to start over on a puzzle, you can reset it to its original state.